Isn’t Bruce somewhere in his twilight years? Maybe 70’s? Idk for certain his age, but if Bruce is older. I’m giving him a pass on this horrible and unfortunate situation.

While I agree with some, who found it easy to pick apart the event, at least on his posted, emotional reaction about losing his hunting dog.

I don’t need to imagine what grief he and his wife were feeling over their loss of Rosie. We lost a GSP, named Zeek when I was a kid hunting upland bird. Zeek’s, remains were found weeks later by a rancher.

To me, some were trying to reconcile what the fûcked happend and what equipment may have prevented the event from happening.

Ribka, was extremely pissed at Bruce for not having Rosie outfitted with the available e and gps collars that may have prevented this situation. To me was understandable.

It was obvious, Ribka, was hurting more about the dog’s suffering to her end. I imagine none of us missed that most important part of the story.

Rib, gave solid information on how to minimize this situation with future hunting dogs. Which could’ve been Ribka’s full stop. His part and others about Bruce not scaling down the cliff, walking around the mountain, then working his way up from the bottom, or making no attempt to find someone local who could climb was, too me, not necessary. Especially, if Bruce is older. What a younger hunter, in better shape, would’ve, could’ve done doesn’t mean anything. It was Bruce on the cliff. Not anyone else.

Aside from Ribka, the other comedic value offered by some, who found an opportunity to tag Bruce because he went from a loss, then to a ‘absolute’ of never hunting again, then to the acceptance from a member kindly offering up a new puppy seemed petty and ass-hole-ish. Yeah, yeah, I see the drama value. But, so what?

The inferences made about the generosity of the puppy coming from a backyard breeder was deserving of a GFY. SMFH on that one.

Lastly, the correlation that Bruce’s integrity is suspect and aligned with the likes of a few other former members who are known POS was just absurd.

Carry on.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”