Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by irfubar
Someday, you will say or do something that could possibly be taken the wrong way and the benefit of a doubt may not be extended to you.... it will be your turn on the spit
It just happened today

Maybe you could show a bit of intelligence and distinguish a pattern before you make a schity remark about a persons character.

I never made a remark about Bruce's character, I simply mentioned the shades of Safariman the thread turned to. I doubt Bruce took it any other way.[/quote]

Unfortunately you are wrong about how Bruce took it.
Thing is Bruce has been here a long time, shared many stories, pictures etc... his pic's and stories are what makes the campfire a worthwhile place to visit.
I think anyone with half a brain could see he is a man of good character.
But the most important part of the mans character was doing what real men are suppose to do, he was a teacher and mentor to his grandson Owen. He taught the boy how to be a man.
He taught him outdoor and hunting skills. You could see it on Owens face when he posed with a brace of birds with the dogs.
It is incredibly important for men to assume this role, it creates a civil and good society. My dad never did any of that, he was too busy making money for himself.
I had to teach myself these things, scrounge chore money to buy a Stevens 22 single shot, an H&R Topper shotgun, then learn to hunt squirrels, rabbits and quail on my own.
When the family was glued to the TV in the evenings I was reading Outdoor Life, Gun Digest virtually any thing hunting guns and fishing all the time. My passion for the outdoors literally saved my life! For a boy to do this on his own is not easy.
It was also easy to see Bruce loved his dogs, I would bet a good sum of money those dogs were well taken care of.
Reading Ribka's take on the dogs was enlightening for me. I have hiked the hills of Nevada for Chukar behind dogs and the only safety measure we took was a collar. Hell we were more likely to have a cooler of beer than a first aid kit... and recovery gear? we didn't know that existed. Point being Ribka is not wrong and we should listen and learn. His presentation was a bit ruff, but that's ok.
But the snide referenses to Gopher Gunner and Safariman was over the top and compelled me to make a stand against that bullshit.... take it or leave it !

Oh and brother Flave.... GFY..... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.