"Oh ya they make left-hand stocks for their doubles or at least did the last time I looked."

They still do.

Some do not the cocking/decocking issues with the Kreighoff. One PH I hunt with loves his Kreighoff 470 and it has saved his life more than once. I'm not a huge fan of the system and prefer a regular safety slide.

I'm a lefty and that can make finding the right double rifle a PITA. But I've found that for most right handed boxlock rifles the stock can be bent to accomodate cast on required for properly fitting us lefties. I like about 1/4" of cast on and this is achievable if the rifle doesn't have too much cast off for the righty.

For the few box locks or the many sidelocks which have long top straps, and often long trigger gaurd straps, bending is not possible. For those, removing the cheek piece for the righty and then taking some wood away from the right side has worked for me. Both of my double rifles are former right handed sidelocks with long top straps.

I also have the triggers twisted so that my finger makes full contact with the blade. (They start twisted for a righty) I started shooting SxS shotguns and don't like a true mirror image lefty gun, but some are out there. There are also right opening top levers but reversed triggers guns too.

Searcy will make one anyway you want it, btw.

JPK

Last edited by JPK; 12/25/07.