Originally Posted by Tim_in_TN
Helping my son find a nice hunting scope, and we are looking at the 2x10 Burris Veracity. I never looked thru one so need a little help on quality of optics, thanks.

You need a first focal plane scope for hunting? Inquiring minds thing, has me questioning your choice. For hunting, I'd choose a FFII 3-9X40 with the ballistic plex reticle. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Not just because they are priced right, but because they absolutely work!!!

Maybe explain your criteria for wanting a first focal plane scope on your sons hunting rifle. Distances you plan on shooting, both near and far. Never hunted Tennesse, so I'm just wondering. I know in the dark timber where I hunt elk, I like the ability to turn the power down and still be able to see the reticle very boldly and clearly. You are not going to get that on a first focal plane scope like the one you are asking about.

For playing around/goofing around on steel targets way out there, and on max power, like exchippy shows pics of, the first focal plane scope will work just fine. But on a hunting rifle, not so much.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA