Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Mid 70s Chevy stepside 4WD. Blue with chrome roll bar and KC lights.

I had a '79 short box fleet side with a 6" lift, 38" Gumbo Monster Mudder's and a roll bar loaded up with KC lights. I loved that truck and always thought about building another one, but never did. Hell, with my bad hip I probably couldn't even get in it now.

laugh

Edited to add mine was blue with a black roll bar.

You two are absolute Geniuses! Mine is a 79 SWB blue fleet side. It’s a work in progress though because it’s getting a modern powertrain. 6.0 LS3 with an LSA supercharger and a NV4500 transmission and a 241C transfer case. Just found the trans last Monday. I’m still deciding on 33s or 35s and that will dictate the lift. My 77 was a 3/4 ton with a 400 SBC and and the SM465 and 4.10s would be spinning at 3600 RPM to run down the interstate at 80. The square bodys weren’t really made for that until the mid 80’s and the 700R4.

I had a ‘94 Red SWB that I should have kept. That 350 with the manual O/D would get 20 mpg and was a good off-road truck too.

My other one is my 06 Dodge CTD. Built like a tank and will pull our camp trailer as fast as I want to go. AND most importantly, it’s paid for. It’s sitting at 98k miles so I’m hoping it goes another 100k because I don’t want a newer diesel.

Yours in Liberty,

BL