Originally Posted by BC30cal
alwaysoutdoors;
Good afternoon, I trust that this first Monday of the last month of a bit of an eventful year finds you well.

While I'm not sure it's exactly something I'd want again because if the rust issues, I had the 2nd one of these in the south valley here, back in the day when every pickup wasn't a 4x4 and the Japanese had just begun to make them.

It's an '80 and still had the 20R in it in this photo.

[Linked Image]

By the time this one was taken on what was then the Queen Charlottes, now called Haida Gwaii, it had been partially repainted a couple times and I'd put a 22R into it, which I thought was a much better engine both for power and fuel consumption.

[Linked Image]

It was by far the best bush truck we've ever had and we bashed it all over 4 western provinces and a couple states too, but as noted by others, it wasn't a great rig for trips.

While I'm cognizant you've stipulated trucks, I'm currently wheeling and dealing on one of these - '87 Cherokee 2 door - from it's second owner.

[Linked Image from cherokeeforum.com]

It's not that one, but it's in decent shape with original paint, no rust and I know the entire history from purchase.

It'd be just a hunting rig for me again - we'll see.

Thanks for the thread and thanks to all who've put up their favorites.

All the best.

Dwayne

79-83 4x4 Toyota Pickups are my all time favorites. The prices for them now are crazy, but I still keep an eye out.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.