Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Aces n 8's the world is not that safe a place anymore especially for American travelers. You might find searching on your computer almost as enlightening and a whole lot less expensive. It is your assets and life to spend though , have at it. Mb

No Sir! I’m not allowing “fear” to imprison me. I WILL however attempt to mitigate the dangers and NOT travel to places that are gripped by unrest like Europe, Middle East, Russia including most former Russian satellite states like Ukraine. 😉.

Good on you Aces, don't let BS like that above scare you from doing what you've wanted to do. The media has made people afraid of their shadows.

I'm an airline pilot and fly mostly international routes. I'm in Europe constantly along with the middle east, China, Japan, India, Australia, etc. I'm in Anchorage a lot too. I shake my head at comments like the above. The number of times I've been hassled about being an American is exactly zero in the 30 years and dozens of countries I've been in on six continents. Last week I was in Paris and walked all over the place with zero concern for my safety. I take the normal precautions like in any big city, but having been to Paris a few hundred times I can unequivocally state that I feel safer there than I would walking around L.A. or New York. If I'd cowered in my hotel room I'd have missed a great meal, good company, and good wine.

The TSA are a minor inconvenience and if someone lets that stop them from traveling then they didn't want to much in the first place. Enjoy your life, don't cower in a bubble for fear of the boogyman.