Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Like Yogi Berra said, it's hard to predict stuff, especially about the future so who knows, there may be light at the end of the tunnel that isn't a train.

After the Obama I or II shortage there was a glut of primers on the market and prices fell dramatically. Sportsman's Warehouse was trying to clear them out as low as $24/brick when the "normal" price before that particular shortage had been around $29-32.

So you never know. I sure hope to God they fall some. If/when I run out of my "bought at a good price" stash, I can talk myself into maybe buying them at around $75/brick but still can't swallow $100 per, and in many cases a lot more than that.

One never knows, but based on my normal amount of rounds shot per yr pre-shortages, and also including what I load for others, if I stick to even that (which overall I haven't shot as much the last several yrs,) I'll likely never have to buy another LR or LR magnum primer again, and that's what my goal was when I realized this mess was upon us.

I got fortunate and was able to build up on what I had to make sure I was at that level before prices got completely wacky. Paid $45 a brick for a bunch of them. Way more than I was paying before, but cheap now.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.