The last .270 I bought was an M70 XTR with a synthetic stock in the shape of the Winchester M70 Featherweight. I needed it like I needed a hole in my head but the guy said it was very accurate so I bought it. I took a nice antelope with it back in 2009. I stopped at an LGS and bought a couple of boxes of Winchester 150 gr. ammo tor try the rifle and get some more brass. I wanted fresh brass fire formed in that rifle to set up my die. The guy wasn't lying. The rifle is very accurate. It seems the stock is a McMillan installed by Winchester and four five shot groups ran from .50" to .80" on the last set of shots fired. I decided it was a keeper.

I'm a fan of controlled feed rifles so if I was out looking for a rifle chambered to the .270, I'd be looking for a pre64 M70 (pricey!) or one based on a commercial Mauser action. A J.C. Higgins M50 or 51 in .270 would work although I'de prefer a 24" barrel. The M50 is usually quite accurate but finding one in .270 might be difficult. I find them in 30-06 quite often but the .270s are scare. Either not a lot were made of those that have them are not letting them go. FN commercial rifles can be found with 24" but again a bit scarce. I found one for $250 and it came with scope and two stocks, the original and a Butler Creek. That rifle is another very accurate rifle regardless of which stock I use. Both stocks have been glass bedded.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE