Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by beretzs
Kimber MT's and Model 70's on the used market.

That’s pretty much how I feel. I have Stainless M70 Fwt 270, and just picked up a used Kimber 84L MT 270 today (my 3rd - shouldn’t have sold the first, let alone the second). Decided I couldn’t quite live without one, and of course they’re no longer made.

The Kimber Hunter 270 can be found in the $850-$950 range and can be made lighter than the Montana.

Anyone new to hunting here in Montana, I tell them get a Tikka T3X in 270, and put a Burris 3-9 with dots on top in Talley Lwts. Add a Butler Creek Mountain Sling, and feed it Federal Blue Box 130’s. That’s the easy button.

I have looked a bit at the 270 MT's and while they are probably easier, I could be A-OK with a P64 or Classic Featherweight in a Bansner I think. Maybe not exactly Montana light, I am thinking it would be quite nice.

You're right about the Tikka though.. Easy as easy gets.

Scotty, my SS Fwt will be going in a Bansner. I’m going with a blind magazine, Talley x-lows and a Leupold 6x36 with dots. It should come in around 7.25lbs all-up with sling and four rounds.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery