Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by pete53
Nosler has and still does make good bullets but Nosler bullets are getting too expensive and sometimes hard to find in stock. i am switching to Hammer bullets their always in stock and price is not that bad . if you are just shooting smaller meat deer any good bullet works fine , but myself i load better bullets and wait for a chance on a decent buck my meat hunting days is over i let the family shoot the smaller deer.
Those same cup n core bullets work on mature bucks just the same as on smaller "meat" deer.

Even a mature buck is only about 250# max. Hardly a large hard to kill critter.

I still have about 200, maybe more of the 140 Ballistic Tips for the 7-08 and have quite a few 90s for the 6mm.

No more than I shoot of the Nosler bullets in these guns I will keep buying some along the way.

Whitetail bucks up at the border in Minnesota are bigger than most southern states , myself i don`t care to track bigger bucks much i like the big bang and speed of my 257 Weatherby mag. and bigger buck DRT. you go ahead a chase a wounded smart old buck , i have seen and heard what happens with a smaller cartridge rifle . yes my 11 yr. old grandson is kinda recoil shy yet so he has a smaller cartridge rifle but my daughter his mother who weighs 130 lbs. uses a 7 Rem. mag. recoil does not brother her , daughter also likes DRT too.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman