Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Good point Teal. I would doubt alot of hourly employees would move though. Learning curves, etc...............Huge undertaking.

Yep and say you did move it - new people in the new place, quality takes a massive hit and then there's "I won't use Noslers since they moved, bullets are crap" and bam. Nosler spent 25 million to move and lose even more revenue than just staying and being expensive.

Now, I might say there's a bit of thought to not expanding in their current place and all expansion taking place elsewhere more conducive to business economics but that does require split attention then. Google Meets, MS Teams, Zoom and aircraft help bridge that gap. Probably for less than a sponsored TV show.

That's a valid risk. I've personally had a discussion with Nosler people regarding the move and its consequences. Finding any labor is the 1st challenge, people in Bend don't want to work in manufacturing for less than $75K a year. The top talent would need to be identified, compensated appropriately, and relocated. The most recent example of a company doing this is Weatherby. They are healthier and arguably building better rifles today than in Paso Robles.