I have tried to like gaiters…I really have. They make my legs too hot, even the thinner pairs and don’t do much for keeping moisture out of my boots.

Kennetreks haven’t lasted me one season. I tried a few sets. They always tore at the seams and normal usage wore through the material quickly. Several other synthetic brands just wouldn’t last either. Those I know who have used the OR Crocs and Kuiu seem to think they’re quality, and I have no reason to doubt them. If I try another pair of synthetics I may go for one of them.

This was less than 2 miles into a sheep hunt with brand new Kahtoola LevaGaiter GTXs. They promptly sent another pair, which were as equally short lived.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is what I currently have, which are NOT what I would recommend for what the OP is looking for, other than maybe the Swazi. The brown Sleeping Indian wool pair is over 30 years old, has had the zippers replaced twice and the boot strap and snaps once. They are stupid high quality. The grey wool/leather Waldkauz I just got, and have worn them trapping the last few weeks. They’re nice so far. Both are heavy wool and I wouldn’t even consider them if I wasn’t in 3 feet of snow.

For what the OP wants, I’d give OR Crocs or Kuiu Yukon a try and see what shakes.

I do NOT recommend trash bags and duct tape, but it has worked during a freak snowstorm at 11,000 feet in the Ruby’s 😀.