Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Pendejo is how to address the boss in Spanish.
That’s what all the Mexicans on our job call me. They said it means they have mucho respect for me.
I love those guys.

Mexicans do have a kind of unique sense of humor.

Almost all of the mechanics (and there were some damned good ones, too) who worked for my grandad were Mexican, and a few spoke no English at all (a John Deere ag dealership on the Rio Grande a few miles down river from El Paso). I was hanging out in the shop from the time I was about eleven years old. My uncle was only five years older than me and by that time was working part time in the shop and full time upon graduation from high school. All mechanics wore a uniform shirt with a name patch, and the gang convinced him that he should adopt a Mexican name for his uniform name patch...one that denoted expertise and exceptional mechanical ability. My uncle thought that was a good idea and solicited name suggestions. Those bastards convinced him that "Bofo" would be appropriate. "Bofo" does not mean what they told him that it meant. What a crew they were!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.