Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by RupertBear
Get a forking camera and leave the bloody phone behind.
RB
Phone cameras are so good these days. We rarely see anyone carry a real camera. Just larger, heavier, different batteries. More junk basically. If you have ever been in a super cub size and weight getting to camps is an issue for sure in Alaska and anywhere you carry stuff on your back and in a small plane.

I am constantly trying to find things that do double duty and slim down both size and weight.

Exactly. Cameras on the newer iPhones are so good the pictures hurt your eyes. Another big advantage to the phone is you can Bluetooth to your Delorme. Then you can text on your phone without having to use the [bleep] system they have on the unit I always give my wife the courtesy of a check in a few times a day so she doesn’t get stressed when I am gone for extended periods of time.

BT,DT. Many of my hunts have been fly-in; I am well versed in reducing both space and weight. My camera doesn't contain my life history, I can carry boocoo batteries for it without the weight penalty of a single power bank for a phone. Although iPhone cameras are good, a simple travel camera of not much more weight will outperform a camera phone to the Nth degree. My Lumix camera has 35X optical zoom, and it fits into my jacket pocket. For close is the same result, but different settings and it still fits into a jacket pocket. Nope, it won't make phone calls, but as a camera, jest not with camera add-ons. I understand and sometimes use the "Double Duty" idea. When far, far away when one item craps out, one item is dead; unless it is a double duty item -- then both (or more) items are dead. We each plan and adapt in our own way.
RB