Originally Posted by rost495
[quote=dennisinaz]Ok my north slope caribou/ grizzly hunt i got stuck an extra 7 days due to weather..i went through all of my battery packs(4). Between reading on my kindle app and texting- checking weather on my Zoleo i burned through them all. The day i got picked up i didn't know the plane was coming.

Solar was a complete waste.

On my goat hunt last year i took 6 battery packs. I only used 1 as the weather was much better and i got picked up after only a 2 day delay. Solar might have worked on that hunt as i was in short sleeves the whole time.
If you can't bring them with you i will let you use as many as you want when you come through. Just let me know.
I just suggest not burning all your batteries up playing on the phone. You might actually need the phone or the Garmin at some point. Unless you are running a sat phone separately.

6 batteries. I can't imagine that many batteries LOL.[/quote
And if you were stuck in a tent for 10 days, how would you keep your sanity?
I read a bunch of books on my kindle app and provided a daily weather report to the air taxi. Every day was a " we're going to try and come get you" so keep your communication active...

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.