I tried the various cup and core 250 gr. bullets and while accuracy was decent I got a chance to hunt the Kaibab up in Northern Arizona. They were asking hunters to voluntarily use copper bullets and would give free bullets to reloaders My late wife and I both drew tags so I got two boxes of the 225 gr. Barnes TSX. I worked with RL15 and got 2710 FPS with excellent accuracy with groups running around .50" to .75". Been using them ever since and never looked back. Used them on guided cull hunts for cow elk and six shots gave me six elk. Four were DRT and two needed finishing shots but I could walk right up to them to do it. It was like the Whelen just paralyzed the hell out of them. I may hunt der with whatever strikes my mood for the day but for elk it'sthe Whelen and 225 gr. TSX for me. It's been my lucky elk combo.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE