Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Chuck_R
Not a 35W, but a 350RM (35W short and fat with a 20" barrel) for deer sized I've gone to the Hornady 200 SP at 2830.

For bigger game, it really is hard to beat the Nolser 225 partition, at a little over 2700FPS for trajectory and terminal performance. I'm somewhat handicapped with a 2.8" mag box, so the 225 Partition is about perfect. Now that the NPs are unobtanium I'm going to work up a load with the Barnes 200 TSX.

I use the 180 TTSX in my M600 with H4895. It is accurate and nearly 2900. Great handling rig as well.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

I'd have no reservations using that same bullet in any of my Whelens. Right now, I am using 8208 and 200 TTSX in my Ruger 35 Whelen and 225 Sierras in the 7600's.

I've looked at these, even contacted Barnes for load data, just not sold on the 180s in all copper yet. Mostly because the much cheaper Hornady 200s are working well on deer & pigs and I'd like to go heavier for elk. I've got 75 225 NPs left, then I'm going to have to do "something" since Nolser doesn't seem to be inclined to make any. So maybe the 180 TTSX will get a try.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”