Originally Posted by 41rem
You?

5-6 MOA. I've only once had them shoot under about 2 to 2-1/2 MOA. That was with an old stainless / boat-paddle Ruger 77 Mk II in .338 win mag and the bullet was the original gummy 210 grain X .. boat tail I think. It fouled like a mother f**ker. At first I thought I had to clean it every shot, turned out all I had to do was smack the stock against something hard between shots .. in other words, it wasn't cleaning the bore, it was just thumping it hard enough to unstick the bond between barrel and stock .. that sumbitch would shoot in the .3s for 3 shots. I bought a new stock for it which helped a ton but eventually I screwed up by cleaning too aggressively. I didn't know squat about Sweets 7.62 back then. I kept cleaning as long as goop kept coming out using Shooter's Choice to neutralize every 10 minutes. I didn't notice the goop turned from blue to black and before long the rifling had very rounded edges. Shoot. frown

That was back .. 1995-1998, something like that. I've never gotten acceptable accuracy out of Barnes bullets since. Not in nearly 100 rifles. I'll stick with partitions thank ye ver' much.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...