They aren't a gun shop. They sell outdoor gear for hunting, fishing, boating, ATV's camping, hiking, swimming as well as work clothes and boots. They even sell small tractors. They sell toys and other things women are more interested in. It's a place to entertain the kids and wife while I look for what I need, and it brings in more money.

I participate in many of those activities and while I use guns, they are a small part of the gear that I need. There are better places near me to buy guns and shooting supplies anyway and that's OK. But I can often see things there not available locally. I've ran across a couple of deals on used guns and sometimes pick up ammo when I'm in one.

There are some departments at Cabela's/BPS that I've never visited because I don't participate in those activities. Ordering online is fine if you know what you are looking for, but I like to see, touch, feel, and try on items if possible before ordering. Often, I find something I like, but they don't have my size or the color I want. I can go home and order it knowing what I'll get.

Prices; some are too high, some are pretty good. If I can get it cheaper somewhere else I do. If their prices are competitive, I'll buy from them.

I liked Cabela's before the BPS takeover but it is what it is. There are 2 Cabela's/BPS's a Sportsmans Warehouse and 2 Academy stores less than an hour away and I spend time in all of them when I'm nearby.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.