Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I don't neck size anything, but I've found annealing does what it's supposed to do.

10's of thousands of cases fired once or twice is not the same as a couple few hundred fired dozens.

I'll judge what's necessary for myself......

Choose all you want, you won’t shoot in a lifetime what I do in a year. Once or twice on any of that brass was over 30 years ago…

Yeah, ok.

It’s ok to anneal, but could you tell me how long it would take to anneal and load that much ammunition?

I have a better question....

What is your "tens of thousands" of rounds of ammo, and what is it for? That would determine if annealing would be beneficial. For example, I have a stock pile of reloaded 556 ammo and a metric ass load more to reload. In fact, i just bought a Dillon to do it. Not a single round will be annealed because if it's ever needed it's just gonna lay on the ground and stay there.

I have a very hard time believing that "tens of thousands" of rounds are fired dozens of times every year as you say, but, whatever. And besides, I'm betting very heavy odds that your "pile" is outside the scope of the context of the OP, and of my response to the OP. Maybe you're just seeing an opportunity to brag up on your "pile". I dunno.

Just answer the first question…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]