Originally Posted by marzoom
So reloading for 308 cal which I have done for many years but just recently got back into reloading'
So using a Lee Reloader which only neck size. Why do I have some reloaded ammo give me resistance cambering into my rifle?
These have been fire form in same rifle. Do I have my Lee sizing die mal-adjusted and resizing too much of the cartridge neck?

That's the nature of neck sizing. Essentially each firing the case gets closer and closer to exact chamber size and it gets harder and harder to close the bolt. There probably is an accuracy gain, minute, but is it worth it if you have to fight the rifle to load every cartridge? Instead, I use a FL sizer die but I don't crank it clear down, instead, I set it up to kiss the shoulder and push back ever so slightly keeping the case dimensions the same every time whether it's the 2nd shot or the 22nd shot.

I see no need to neck size. Absolutely never in a hunting or varmint rifle. In a match rifle, I want bushing dies, not a neck sizer, for better accuracy yet. Then depending on the rifle's needs, a separate body die and shoulder / bump die.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...