About 10 years ago, I got tired of looking at the mud in all my cheapazzd scopes. My eyes were getting older and I was losing about 10 minutes of hunting on either end of the hunting day.

I bought 3 Bushnell scopes: an Elite(sub $400), a Trophy(sub $300), and a Banner (sub $100). I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference between the 3. Since then, I've been buying the Banner 3-9X40 for nearly every rifle. I'm happy as a clam. I can now get in the stand an hour before sunrise (a half-hour before legal hunting) and look through any of my scopes and see perfect detail. I have also taken a shot at a whitetail at 150 yards in the last minute of legal hunting and down the beast without a hitch (unless you count the muzzle flash blinding me in my right eye for a minute afterward). The change of scopes has also removed a glare issue I was getting at one stand when I was shooting into the mid-morning sun.

Provisos:
1) My maximum range on a whitetail is about 250 yards. I zero 2 inches high and let it ride.
2) I find a load and pretty much keep it for 20 years.
3) I don't fiddle with the dials

What I can tell you is that I have had zero failures, zero scope-related snafus, and zero complaints.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer