Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I bought a Bushnell Trophy back in the late 80s for around $100 to put atop my ruger tanger 30-06. It was a heck of an upgrade from the tasco that was on it when I bought it. I killed hogs and deer with it for 15 years banging around on a swamp buggy and 4 wheelers.

In 2003 I discovered the internet where much to my surprise I found out my scope was inferior and needed replaced immediately.

Now I will admit my VX3s were an upgrade but the old Bushnell held zero for years at a time under very rough use during long seasons. It works just fine all those years.
Those Trophies were/are good tough scopes. I'd take one of those over a Banner any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I put one on my dad's 300 win mag back in the 90's, and that scope is still alive. It's a silver finished one, that he thought would look good on his Ruger boat paddle stock model. That scope never skipped a beat and worked great for him. After I got the rifle back (in 2019), I pulled the scope and put a better one on, only because I wanted more magnification.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA