Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I bought a Bushnell Trophy back in the late 80s for around $100 to put atop my ruger tanger 30-06. It was a heck of an upgrade from the tasco that was on it when I bought it. I killed hogs and deer with it for 15 years banging around on a swamp buggy and 4 wheelers.

In 2003 I discovered the internet where much to my surprise I found out my scope was inferior and needed replaced immediately.

Now I will admit my VX3s were an upgrade but the old Bushnell held zero for years at a time under very rough use during long seasons. It works just fine all those years.
Those Trophies were/are good tough scopes. I'd take one of those over a Banner any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I put one on my dad's 300 win mag back in the 90's, and that scope is still alive. It's a silver finished one, that he thought would look good on his Ruger boat paddle stock model. That scope never skipped a beat and worked great for him. After I got the rifle back (in 2019), I pulled the scope and put a better one on, only because I wanted more magnification.
That trophy 3-9 is now mounted on a marlin 3030. It fit pretty good on it. I dont use the 3030 these days but the scope is still in use. Sort of…

Life can be rough on us dreamers.