Originally Posted by richyonks
Originally Posted by sbrmike
61480 is what the serial looks like to me. I can't tell if it has a prewar rear tang or later smooth; it is a Transition. Better pics are needed. It isn't a collector's item but it is a very good hunting rifle.
Yes it’s 51480. It would be a great hunting rifle

Pocono nailed it. I can't see the pics, but know the serial # indicates it was made in 1942. That would make it a "pre war", not a transition. If the barrel is marked "41", it is most likely the original barrel. Anything that is drilled and tapped reduces the value of the rifle. The barrel and rear bridge for example. Any wood that is removed for aperture sights, or any other modification reduces the value. However, the clover leaf tang stocks are getting harder and harder to find. Which makes it more valuable than a post war stock. Especially if it does not have any cracks. Definitely a "hunter" grade though. Value can be anywhere from $650-$1,200.00, for a rifle like this. That's just based off of what I've seen, but pics would show better detail and add to the description, and help with value..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA