Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by scottf270
At $26,000 for a 300" elk, it better be a hell of a horse back trip. Folks have lost their damn minds...........

Evidently you're one of the many "hunters" who believes B&C score is more important than the total experience....

If I'm wrong, please explain why.

"The total experience"... this in a nutshell John. I'd rather shoot a 300" six point in Northern BC wilderness than a 360" bull on some ranch hunt.

Some know the price of everything and the value of nothing...

Yep!

But might also mention that if you've never been on horseback much, a real wilderness HB hunt might not be a good idea without at least SOME horse experience beforehand. I wasalso lucky enough to grow up in Montana when horses were even common inside Bozeman. First rode a horse at age 3 in my parents' back yard--and also fell off when the big mare broke into a trot. (Eventually got a lot better, partly due to my first job out of high school as a ranch hand in eastern Montana.)

While horse-hunting outfitters tend to have very mild, well-trained stock, it helps a lot to at least do a little riding before going on a horseback hunt, which can be done even in many eastern, urban areas. But it also helps to due some up-and-down hiking "sideways," to strengthen both the inner and outer thigh muscles.