Originally Posted by Hudge
........My thoughts on it, is that it would eventually bleed over into not just hunting but even target practice at the range etc.

LOL........yup. In the 1990's there was a bit of word play on Ft. Rich about "green bullets". The environmental cops within the Army were focusing on lead in the exterior ranges throughout post, and since M855 was steel core, and it had green colored tips, it came to be known as "green"..........as environmentally friendly ammo with which to kill people.

There was also an incredibly expensive and troublesome contract to remediate the lead in an indoor handgun range between 2005-2011 timeframe. Lots of headaches with that one. I was thankful it wasn't my job.

There was an old range on an Indian reservation at Pala, California, where I shot NRA matches at that closed several years ago. The tribe was troubled with the almost certain environmental liability in their future. That's the story throughout the state. If you own the land where a range is, you're going to have trouble.

NRA Life Endowment Member