Ken howell and others who understand the black arts of ballistics and finer things. The other evening a friend of mine...yes I have one...called me on the phone all excited or should I say aggitated. He is the know-it-all sort and unfortunatly he is often correct. Any way to elongate this story my friend posts on the Marlin board, I do not tell him where we are....so it goes ...he is in this arguement with several other guys about the point of impact of two rounds fired from the same gun. The aruguement goes like this: A 38 spcl round fired at a target 25 yard distant, using a 158gr bulletit will strike the target 2 inches higher than a 158 gr. bullet from a 357 round fired from the same gun. The arguement is that the cause of the disparity is recoil and and the speed of the bullet traveling down the barrel. The Marlin guys say the 38 strikes the target higher because the bullet is moving slower down the barrel thus the recoil action moves the muzzel upwards more than the the 357 before the bullet exits.I find this pretty hard to buy for several reasons. What do you think.

Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual