Steve and MuleDeer, I would agree with you fully except i keep letting little things like recoil velocity get in the way. I am not saying you are wrong but a 357 has a greater recoil than a 38 so in my reasoning the time for the bullet to travel the barrel length will offset the the degree of muzzle rise to some percent.This all happens so fast it is hard to envision so inorder to answer my question I will attempt to work this out in an equasion. I suspect you are rite as the facts do indicate there must be some force acting on the gun to make it elevate more for the 38 than the 357 at the time the bullet exits the muzzle. Thus the fulcrum point of the grip design combined with the the recoil velocity and the time of bullet travel down the barrel will dictate the point of impact. If the gun were held in a devise such as a Ransom rest and not allowed to recoil in an upwards ark the POI could be the same or reversed. I need to go do the math, at least as much as I can with out having a method of determining muzzle rise due to design of gun grip fulcrum. Time for the calculator exercise.

Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual