Ken I have long understood the vibration effect of rifle barrels, that is often why we handload to over come one particular effect of that vibration and make the rifle shoot to a particulat POI. A rifle barrel is more prone to show the effects of vibration than a short stiff pistol barrel. A handloader can fine tune his loads to compensate accordningly. This is also possible with the 38-357 but it believe it would be much more difficult, kind of like turning an apple into an orange. I find that when shooting my S&W 586 357 at a 100 yrd target 38 Spcl bullets hit at least 1.5 ft to the left when compared to 357. This is particular to this gun. I will have a very difficult time trying to get my all-knowing friend to buy off on the recoil and or vibration as he has shot his mouth off so much proclaiming that recoil can not be the cause of the disparity in POI nor could vibration...whats left. No I think I will just let him live in his belief that he is rite and the rest of the world is wrong.
On another note Ken can you pass on the loads you use for your 220, need a starting point, The 220 is going on my Mex 34 I ordered a barrel and a will aquire the reamer once the barrel arives. The Ruger #1 is just a bit more trouble than I care to deal with and besides a friend wants it he will trade me a Sako in 22-250 that I have coveted for a long time. Hope to have barrel in a month 26" 3 grove Pac Nor. So perhaps buy Christmas the first rounds will be down range.

Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual