Originally Posted by atkinson
Like ANY make of bullet, some work in some calibers and not in others. The make/manufacturer of a bullet means zilch...For instance I have found the 130 gr. Speer bullet to be excellent on deer in the 7x57, 284 and 280, but the 270 gr. 9.3 Speer bullet is too soft on any animal..

I see this in all makes of bullets, some of their bullets work in certain calibers and not in others..The 200gr. Nosler in a 06 or 300 is a tougher bullet than the 220 gr., and that should not be, but the 210 .338 Nosler penetrates better than the 250 gr. Nosler..I have observed this in ALL makes of bullets.

Too many folks think if one manufacturers bullet works then they ALL work, such is not the case, but I have never seen this in print or stated by anyone but myself, so take it for what you think its worth as I have done no studies, just made note of many kills and come to this conclusion.

Ray,

Absolutely dead on. If others haven't seen fit to write about this phenomenon, it's because they haven't been paying attention, or just assumed the we all knew it. We ALL don't, obviously, or people wouldn't think the TSX was a cure-all in every caliber. It's not.

Wayne