My Remington 7600 .308 Win with an 18.5 inch barrel will group the Interbonds into 1.5 inches (3 shots) pretty consistently at 100 yards. The load is 43 grains IMR 4895 with OAL of 2.78 inches. My Tikka T-3 .308 Win will shoot bugholes with that same combination. My buddy has an A-Bolt 30-06 that will bughole as well at 100 yards with 50 grain IMR 4064 and 165 grain Interbonds.

I shot my buck last year with a 165 grain Interbond at about 40 yards. Weight retention was over 95 % and bullet recovered on opposite side on a quartering towards shot. Deer travelled less than 25-30 yards. My buddy shot a nice 10 pointer here in NB at about the same distance. Deer was DRT. Also, he went to Alberta with another buddy and they both shot mule deer with the 165 grain Interbond at 100 yards or less. Both deer travelled less than 50 yards.

These are very good bullets. They are not a "deep diver" as they tend to retain a lot of weight and open up quite wide. For a deer bullet, I think they are a very good choice if your gun will shoot them.

Good hunting and shooting

Last edited by Colin_Matchett; 08/23/08. Reason: OAL was wrong in first post!

"I am at heart a meat hunter."
John Barsness, The Life of the Hunt