Bob,
The advantage is supposed to be similar performance as a Partition but with a higher BC (though there is not really much difference in most calibers/weights) and greater accuracy for most folks. Accubonds have proven very accurate in all of my guns, and the only bullet I have ever recovered came from a similar shot as yours, but this was a Mid-MO 8 point whitetail (not in the same league as a monster muley) and the bullet weighed 98 grains and was a perfect mushroom. This was also a 140 gr Accubond in 7mm, and was shot from a stout loaded 7-08 with a 24" barrel at about 40 yds. Impact velocity was almost identical to your situation. I'm sold on 'em, at least for the kind of hunting I do where the shot may be as close as 15-20 yds or as far away as 300. Each to his own, just sharing my experience. IMO they are GREAT deer bullets. Haven't used them on anything larger, but I bet put in the right spot, they'd work darn good.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."