139 or 140 grain Hornady flat base spire points work VERY well. I shoot hundreds of these. I also shoot thousands of 120 grain Hornady Hollow Points, which are a fabulous big game bullet. I have shot big bucks at over 500 yards several times with utter reliance. 140 grain Accubonds are really good all around as well. The 7mm-08 isn't a barn burner, so premiums are NOT needed. I personally wouldn't limit myself to the TSX's. They don't work very well past 250 yards in the .08. They don't open up reliably. Partitions simply punch through with very little tissue upset in my experience. In the .08 cup and core 140's work the best. And contrary to the magnum guys it is a 400 yard elk gun in the hands of someone that can hit what they point at, but that is the case with any caliber. The caliber isn't the weak link, nor is the bullet. The weak link is behind the trigger. I love the round, it is extremely easy to hit stuff WAY out there and just flat out gets stuff done. I don't know how many times I have borrowed mine out. The users always come back with game, a grin on their face and want to know where they can buy one just like mine (plain old Rem 700 22" barrel in a Micky stock, Leupold 3x9 tactical with nobs). Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.