Originally Posted by william_iorg
The rifles are what I am really interested in. We have a 24� .32 H&R Magnum TC barrel we bought a number of years ago. This rifle is really a lot of fun. We got the full bull barrel and the TC is a self opener with the added weight out front. Just trip the guard and the barrel opens. This is a .308� barrel and it shoots the 110-grain spitzers very well. For small game and called critters you don�t shoot a lot and the long barrel is quite quiet in a ground blind .....

A .32 Magnum rifle is very useful for the small game hunter. The 85- or 90-grain bullets at 1,150 fps or so are good killers without tearing things up too badly. For heavier bodied critters the 110- and 115-grain bullets are better killers. An LBT bullet is the way to go as we run out of case room with the heavier bullets when seated to work through the action .....

William, its interesting that you would mention the .308-caliber T/C barrels in .32 H&R! T/C offers similar barrels in .32/20 and .30 Carb too.

I hope to get an Encore barrel in the .32 H&R and re-chamber to the .327M, and also a .30 Carb bbl - both for my own R&D.

Question: What do you think William, would be the optimum barrel-length for the .327 Magnum? And even the .30 Carbine? (best cartridge efficiency, maximum velocity, etc.)

I'm aware you mentioned the 24inch .32H&R bbl with 110grn spitzers is fairly quiet, but ignoring that benefit for a moment - What is the shortest bbl-length for best efficiency for these straight-walled .32 H&R/.327Mag cartridges?

Example; The .22Long Rifle is "best" around 14-16inches.
Of course the .327M or .32 H&R can be legally used in either a T/C rifle or handgun with the appropriate stock.

Thanks!