Originally Posted by william_iorg
I got a little wordy here and these are just opinions. There are other people with more experience than I have with these cartridges as my hunting with them has been in Texas where the game is on the lighter side.
I enjoy playing with the Pawley computer and working the math. Lloyd Brown ells book: �Firearms Pressure Factors� is great for passing a few cold winter nights by the fire � if you enjoy math.

No you didn't! Thank you Slim, for a great series of posts and shared personal-info! I love gun-gack and solid hard data and info. You've given me much to think about. wink

I'm not a levergun-fan, but I certainly like single-shots! The NEF Handi-Rifles as well as T/C's. (if I did acquire leverguns - they would be Marlins or BLR's in .308 or .358)

We haven't discussed the .45C in a rifle, nor the .45/70. Plus I agree the .375Win is a sleeper many folks have ignored. I'm still "procuring" - but I have wondered if a Ruger #1 or customized #3 in .45/70 might become a preferred hunting rifle for anything under 200yds. Richard grin