Maych, I found some Weaver Grand Slam S418 bases at Numrich for a very good price. They sold out after I bought the second pair, dern it! smile Standard Weaver 418 bases should work and give you the same ring spacing.

And I am using Warne QDs in medium height on the rifle discussed above. I've since added another Accura, this one differs only in having the camo stock. I've got a Bushnell Elite 4200 in low Leupold QRW rings on the camo gun and clearances are close! Mediums would have been a better choice.

[Linked Image]

Still prefer the original rifle although differences are extremely slight.

Check out the new Apex just for drill (on CVA's website). I hope to be able to report on one of those soon. smile

HaYen, I have zero experience with the White Hots but I understand them to basically be TripleSeven minus whatever component is added to generate smoke and whatever is added to make TripleSeven the darker color (this is really hearsay info). I also understand they are somewhat hotter than the T7 pellets. No, I don't think you did anything wrong. A bit of blown back residue is more common than not - and most any primer is going to be hot soon after firing.

The Accura has so far shown "almost" zero blowback with TripleSeven or BH209 while using bullets up to 300 grains. You can see the result pictured in my previous post of shooting Swiss black powder behind heavy lead conicals. LOTS of blowback. Part of that excess I attribute to using the wrong tape on the plug... I mistakenly thought the yellow tape I purchased would seal better than the pink I had used before.

WHUT?