Hard for me to believe it was drug-affiliated - in regards to "their crop" as that time of year it should have been....well, don't even ask me why I'd know that.... blush That said, the meth labs have little to do with "the crop" and could have very well been the case.

My guess it was a local(s) just fed up with the number of non-residents hunting in "their" spots. Especially if there was some sort of good buck sighting in the recent past. There isn't a more jealous individual on the face of the earth than the jealous deer hunter. (not as a whole, merely citing individuals) I have never had anything but wonderful encounters with Canadians in the years I've hunted there. I'll continue to go back year after year and one bad experience wouldn't chase me away, though I likely would have retaliated a little differently than my fellow WI-ites did in that situation. <grin>

As BWalker concluded, one good winter and we'll all be looking for a new spot to hunt. I suspect Saskatchewan and Manitoba are in for some lean years as well with the winter already off to a horrid start in terms of severity index for whitetails. Taint gonna be pretty boys.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D