Wyoming, mule deer hunting....I had been perched on the west end of the mountain for about 3 hours,glassing a big bench that fell off into wooly canyons on both the north and south sides.After watching a huge-bodied buck feed about 400 yards below me(old buck, on the mend,rack downhill)I spotted another large buck on the south side of the bench make his way in my direction,and disappear in the head of a cedar choked draw.

As soon as he was out of sight I dropped off the mountain top and headed towrd a knob that would later put me about 50 yards from where he disappeared.From the time of day(late afternoon) I figured he would start up feeding again and I'd be in position for a shot.

I had no sooner reached the knob,dropped into a sit,when he walked up out of the draw at about 40 yards,tunred his head and looked at me with that "UH-OH" look,but it was too late,as I had him in the sights and killed him as he bunched to run..he's the second largest buck I have taken off that ranch and went a hair over 30".

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.