I know, I said I was just going to read from my initial post on. I appreciate the posts descibing the closed trigger group issues, wasn't aware of this. As to some of the other, seemingly more isolated issues, I wonder if it isn't maybe a little more brand bias than a quality issue. I've seen at least a dozen model 70's go through my dad's shop that had issues with the floor plate latch, several Rugers that were inaccurate to say the least - tough to find a brand that hasn't had an issue or two. And that's what I was getting at, I like Browning and want to be aware of chronic issues that are found with A Bolts. As far as abusing a rifle and having it continue to work, I have a 20 year old A Bolt that has seen it all but salt spray and has yet to fail even one time (thousands of rounds, dozens of animals, rain to snow, -30 to 90+, mud and sand, horseback and canoe). In my book that translates to reliability and is the reason I was curious as to how the A Bolt had gotten a bad rap with some. Seems I read here on the fire once that a guy had a barrel blow on one that he had tape on - isolated or chronic?