Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Just enough to make them a poor choice, IME&O, with far more than 3 hunts behind one...
art

+1. Exactly.

I certainly do not want to debate the merits or lack thereof of the Abolt versus another brand of rifle. Ranger1 asked to hear about failures and I thought I'd share. Idahoguy asked how other makes might compare if subjected to the same conditions, so I shared my knowledge of how another make, used by the same guy and under similar circumstances had faired. About the only useful comparison that I can think of, really. Obviously, everyone is going to draw their own conclusions from the above information and to each his own. However, elk, deer, bear, sheep, goat, and any other hunting down here in the lower 48 cannot compare to some of the conditions encountered in AK or some areas of Canada. Unless you've been there and experienced it, you'll never understand. Accuracy, stock design, whether or not you like the way they feel, all of these have no bearing on a discussion of failures of the Abolt, which is what I thought this topic was about. If you like your Abolt, well then use it and enjoy yourself! laugh You don't have to justify your ownership and use of one to anyone here. smile
Test