My friend Jack Hamilton was a doughboy in France, 1917-1918. His first day at the front line, the field kitchen had nothing but mashed potatoes. Jack told the cook "I don't eat mashed potatoes." Without a word, the cook took Jack's mess kit, dumped the mashed potatoes that he'd just plopped into it, and gave Jack his empty mess kit back. Then he scooped another dollop of mashed potatoes and plopped 'em into the next doughboy's mess kit.

That cook didn't argue or make any attempt to force or persuade Jack to eat mashed potatoes. In the same vein, I offer the attached study outline for your free consideration. Whether you question or reject it is of less interest to me than you can possibly imagine, so any argument with it will go unanswered. I hope that you'll find it not only interesting but also deeply edifying, of course. I want you to be a true Christian -- one whom Jesus would consider His disciple, one who'll enter the Kingdom of God and live there forever -- not for my sake or even for yours but for only one soundly biblical reason (because God wants you).

Attached Images
274111-obey.txt (0 Bytes, 369 downloads)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.