KH-

I am greatly refreshed by your stance on the word. You are absolutely correct. I couldn't agree more. Nonetheless how do you wrestle with the early church creeds, like Chalcedon and even Nicene? Don't you think that is edifying to study? BUT some of that metaphysical reasoning is way beyond me...

It always comes back to the word. And it seems you have to try and fit in somewhere, (but I ain't found that place yet) and you need to know more or less what other Christians believe if you are to relate to them intelligently. For instance; I have no prejudice against Catholics but I would gladly discuss Trent or a propitiatory mass with them and explain in detail why I reject their errors...

But I agree- MAN! I got to studying theology hard and heavy night and day and after about a year I cried out with Melancthon- "Deliver me from the fury of the theologians!" I found myself having less vital day to day trust in the Lord and just a head full of arguments. Well not that bad- but you know what I mean.