Originally Posted by Bristoe
The Federal Reserve has been playing games with the nation's monetary system and crashed it,...badly,...extremely badly.

Even if massive numbers of people weren't losing their jobs, they wouldn't be able to work enough to fix it.

This crash is of a scale that's never been seen before. Nobody has any idea how to deal with it or even if there *is* a way to deal with it.

Exactly what I was thinking about over here
And I think a full out depression is imminent. How could it not be?
I don't know too much about the Fed's purpose - what it can/can't do. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that ... what's a good analogy? all this money flowing so freely around is kinda like a lava tube ripe to collapse on itself. Or a lava tube that's outgrown the volcano, yet still needs to be fed. Something along those lines.

Even if massive numbers of people weren't losing their jobs, they wouldn't be able to work enough to fix it.

Where's all this 'free flowing money' coming from? It's scary.

And this is kinda what I meant by
Originally Posted by amx1047
...I guess I have a doomsday outlook on things.... Personally I don't necessarily think of it as 'doomsday' per sey, but rather as something I'd better be prepared for emotionally and physically.

Originally Posted by ColeYounger
...There is no use "doom and glooming" about the current economy either. Do the best for yourself, your community, your state and your country and leave the rest in God's hands. I am trying to keep a positive outlook and have already prepared for the negative to the best of my ability. ...

I'm already emotionally preparing for days without electricity. What I really need to go ahead and do is prepare to feed my family when there's no food left on the public market. Get back to the REAL basics. Because when the volcano runs out of lava the tube's going to collapse. It won't be able to rebuild itself.
Somebody tell me that makes a little bit sense, because I'm not a rocket scientist.

P.S. I should say Personally I don't necessarily think of it as 'doomsday' per sey, but rather as JUST something I'd better be prepared for emotionally and physically. I believe it's coming.

Last edited by amx1047; 01/29/09.