Hi Folks:

Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag now. grin

I'd like to personally welcome Dana Gleason to the Campfire! As many of you may know, Dana founded Dana Designs, one of the premier backpack manufacturers in the world. Full disclosure: Most of my backpacks, some of which pre-date the Campfire, are Danas. His Terraplane design was for many years considered the Holy Grail of internals. I am absolutely and unabashedly biased.

Dana is also responsible for the Loadmaster series of external-frame backpacks, which are still considered by many to be the best external frame pack ever made (I own two versions).

Currently, Dana is the founder and owner of Mystery Ranch, out of Bozeman, MT. Anybody who has even superficially perused the backpack forum knows how highly Mystery Ranch packs, and the NICE Crew Cab in particular, are thought of by cognoscenti. (I own a NICE Crew Cab, and a 6500 bag as well grin).

Bottom line: if there is a guru in the world of backpacking, Dana Gleason is it. I am extremely proud to have him aboard, and I hope you welcome him in the manner he deserves.

Welcome Dana!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine