MysteryRanch, Dana, I don't watch this forum regularly, but the name Dana Gleason's definitely caught my eye.

I have a different sort of question to ask. In looking at your external frames, I see they appear somewhat conventional in the way of shoulder straps and hip belt. But back in the 70s and early '80s there was a big rage in wrap-around external frames. I had one, not too well fit (stole it from my sister) but man, I could put a load on that and really be happy. I've not found this to be true of most frames, internal or external ever since. So, it makes me wonder, why did the wrap around frame not stick around?

The modern internal frame packs are really really nice. And to some extent, the better ones like yours are superior in most every way, but when it comes to external frames, I'm still looking for something that will carry half a boned out elk as nicely as that old wrap around frame did - I think it was called Sun-Something Designs or at least had the word "Sun" in the name of the maker.

Thanks,
Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.