What armed law enforcement officer would ever foolishly consider turning his back and walking away from an armed man who has threatened to shoot him dead?

A badge of authority caught the old man dead to rights, illegally hunting, and ordered him down. The old timer threatened to kill the GW. I remember many of you castigating LE for not rushing into Va Tech and not rushing in at Binghamton NY old folk's home and now this cop should have merely walked away from an armed threat on his life!

Good grief! Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

I am sorry for the old man...I truly am. But, if it were a gang banger up in that tree poaching turkeys, I bet there wouldn't be a peep other than props to the GW for taking out the POS.

There's only one status when it's an armed man threatening to shoot you dead,IMO!

Now, if it turns out the GW was power happy, I'd be the first to shift gears. But now, I'm believing the GW didn't just shoot this man only because he was up in a tree poaching turkeys!

YMMV and I am cool with that! It's just how I see it.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward