Can't go wrong with any of the choices mentioned from 7-08 up. You could have some one hand any of the mentioned rifle/cartridge combos to you blind folded and pick whatever felt right and it wouldn't be a bad choice.

If buying used, especially if you don't intend to hand load, now is an excellent time to buy a 7RM. Just like in the past everyone sold their 270 or O6 for a Magnum, now a lot of long magnums are getting traded for short magnums to the benefit of savvy buyers.

Otherwise its which rifle fits and appeals most. For some reason probably based on amount of familiarity rather than fact the 7RM just feels like more gun than the WSM does. I will probably never shoot as much game with the WSM as I have the 7RM so my bias might remain in tact for a long time. Never let fact and logic interfere with a good biased opinion. It's more fun that way.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli