Over a hundred downloads of the photo of my cross-sticks! Wow!

In addition to its value in running rats out of your pantry, that photo may lead some of you to make your own "Ken Howell" shooting sticks. If you do, you'll run into a puzzle when you go to form the loops in the second end of the strap. You're also likely to underestimate the length of strap that you'll need. The strap in the photo is much longer than it needs to be -- partly because my first ones were too short!

Forming the double loop in the first end of the strap is no problem -- just wind the strap twice around one 3/4-inch dowel and run the other end of the strap through the slit. Obvious.

Not so obvious is how to form the double loop in the other end, since you (obviously) can't run the first end through the slit in the second end. There's a bit of trick to it, but the trick is simple and easy. The attached drawing shows how to do it. Some day, I'll get around to photographing the several steps -- until then, I hope that the attached drawing shows you enough to erase any puzzlement and all confusion. If it isn't enough, let me know.

Attached Images
298676-cross-stick strap.jpg (0 Bytes, 691 downloads)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.